1. Rest. Rest. Rest in God’s love. The only work you are required now to do is to give your most intense attention to His still, small voice within.
2. God communicates Himself to us in proportion as we are prepared to receive Him.
3. We must forget ourselves and all self-interest, and listen, and be attentive to God.
4. We must cooperate with and help to bring about God’s purposes which tend to strip us of all our own self-effort so that God may be enthroned in our lives. Let this be done in you; and do not allow yourself to be attached to anything, however good it may appear.
5. We can rest assured that God will never give up with us until we are totally given over to God. Then He will kill off in us anything that remains alive but which ought to be put to death.
6. There is only one requirement that you must follow at all times [in prayer]. This simple requirement is you must learn to pray from your heart and not your head.
7. The love of God encompasses everything within itself and everything that is rooted in love stems from God.
8. Prayer is the guide to perfection, and prayer delivers us from every vice, and gives us every virtue; for the one way to become perfect is to walk in the presence of God.
9. Prayer is nothing more than turning our heart toward God and receiving in turn His love.
10. Prayer is the application of the heart to God, and the internal exercise of love… To attract and draw the soul into the rest of love, and not into the many ways of the self.
11. Know this fundamental truth as you begin [praying]. When Jesus prays for God’s Kingdom to come, remember that He said, ‘the kingdom of God is within you.