Life is not easy. Though we may survive by relying on our own ability, we need the grace of God to really THRIVE.
Max Lucado’s quotes on grace will comfort you and encourage you to seek the grace of God, especially when you are in the darkest hours of your life.
- God answers the mess of life with one word: Grace
- If I succeed, I will give thanks. If I fail, I will seek His grace.
- Grace is the voice that calls us to change and then gives us the power to pull it off.
- The difference between mercy and grace? Mercy gave the prodigal son a second chance. Grace gave him a feast.
- You have a God who hears you, the power of love behind you, the Holy Spirit within you, and all of heaven ahead of you. If you have the Shepherd, you have grace for every sin, direction for every turn, a candle for every corner and an anchor for every storm. You have everything you need.
- When grace moves in, guilt moves out.
- God has the final word on your life and His word is “grace”.
- Grace is God as heart surgeon, cracking open your chest, removing your heart – poisoned as it is with pride and pain – and replacing it with His own.
- When grace happens, we receive not a nice compliment from God but a new heart. Give your heart to Christ, and he returns the favor.
- Our Savior kneels down and gazes upon the darkest acts of our lives. But rather than recoil in horror, he reaches out in kindness and says, “I can clean that if you want.” And from the basin of his grace, he scoops a palm full of mercy and washes away our sin.
- God’s blessings are dispensed according to the riches of his grace, not according to the depth of our faith.
- But by faith you look in the mirror and see a robed prodigal bearing the ring of grace on your finger and the kiss of your Father on your face.
- Patience is more than a virtue for long lines and slow waiters. Patience is the red carpet upon which God’s grace approaches us.
- Can you imagine a life with no fear? What if faith, not fear, was your default reaction to threats?
- Feed your fears and your faith will starve. Feed your faith and your fears will starve to death.
- Faith is not the belief that God will do what you want. It is the belief that God will do what is right.