Andrew Murray was called ‘a Saint of South Africa in 19 century.” He was a pastor of the Dutch Reformed Church and a champion of the South African Revival of 1860. He authored over 240 books about Prayer and the christian Life in the Holy Spirit.
1. A dead Christ I must do everything for; a living Christ does everything for me.
2. Answered prayer is the interchange of love between the Father and His child.
3. Being filled with the Spirit is simply this – having my whole nature yielded to His power. When the whole soul is yielded to the Holy Spirit, God Himself will fill it.”
4. The great thing in prayer is to feel that we are putting our supplications into the bosom of omnipotent love.
5. The highest glory of the creature is in being only a vessel, to receive and enjoy and show forth the glory of God. It can do this only as it is willing to be nothing in itself, that God may be all. Water always fills first the lowest places. The lower, the emptier a man lies before God, the speedier and the fuller will be the inflow of the diving glory.
6. Our humility before God has no value, except that it prepares us to reveal the humility of Jesus to our fellow men.
7. Christ is the humility of God embodied in human nature; the Eternal Love humbling itself, clothing itself in the garb of meekness and gentleness, to win and serve and save us.
8. Faith expects from God what is beyond all expectation.
9. Our love to God is measured by our everyday fellowship with others and the love it displays.
10. Men ought to seek with their whole hearts to be filled with the Spirit of God. Without being filled with the Spirit, it is utterly impossible that an individual Christian or a church can ever live or work as God desires.
11. Prayer is not monologue, but dialogue. God’s voice in response to mine is its most essential part.
12. Let it be your business every day, in the secrecy of the inner chamber, to meet the holy God. You will be repaid for the trouble it may cost you. The reward will be sure and rich.
14. Pride must die in you, or nothing of heaven can live in you.
15. We must begin to believe that God, in the mystery of prayer, has entrusted us with a force that can move the Heavenly world, and can bring its power down to earth.